FotoConnection.com for dummies... Our Tips for their tricks learned the hard way... Read on to avoid common pitfalls.
Great deals at FotoConnection
Camera margins are only 10-15%, Refurbished 20-40%, OEM Accessories 20-30%, Non OEM Accessories 50-90%. The numbers speak for themselves. While you may order and finally get that Canon camera body, Fotoconnection will ensure the battery, neck strap, lens, software and manual is taken out of the box and sold to you or someone else separately. What you will likely get is a gently scratched, damaged, or refurbished brand name item complete with inferior non OEM replacement parts.
Service with a Smile:
FotoConnection knows that the OEM parts they replace work better than the non-OEM parts they sell. But shop and compare... a non-OEM extended battery is more expensive at FotoConnection than an original equipment battery by the manufacturer.
Excellent Customer Service:
Feeling lonely, place an order at FotoConnection.com with Visa 4007000000027 Exp 12/2012 and wait for them to call another 4-5 times per week. The harassment really doesn't start until the 3rd day when Tom's - call him at (347) 350-2068 - knowledge and increasing volume of high seas profanity warmly replaces whatever customer service nightmares you thought you had.
Detailed Itemized Invoice:
Didn't get one? Thats too bad... FotoConnection doesnt send itemized invoices via email because they need the flexibility to change your order without running amuck with Visa/Mastercard. No paper equals no traceability. Verbal statements are not enforceable (and they know it).
Free Returns Made Easy:
7 Day return policy is from the invoice date - the date you place your order (not from the day when you receive it). Order it, confirm it with all the little extras 3-4 days later, ships 2 days later, 3 day shipping. Total time equal 9 days - with two extra days to spare FotoConnection from ever having to accept your return - although they might take it to sell it to someone else.
FotoConnection offers FREE SHIPPING on select items that don't weigh anything. But service extras like upcharges, undocumented insurance fees ($20-100/item), and market adjustment surcharges are not uncommon and make up the largest cause of FotoConnection BBB complaints. Nothing prepares you for this on the website, but Tom will be sure to fast talk you through it.
Caveat - Pay too little and the item will never ship. In the spirit of great customer service, their expert knowledge of fiction (and your credit card bill) will magically show it shipped days ago. We calculated the ship point at 110% what we would have paid full retail at a local shop.
Yea! but I didn't get my accessories because I didn't pay for them... Yes... So they're free! Simply put, its almost not worth fighting this kind of logic.
For those tempted to use a charge hold, it doesn't work. FotoConnection keeps working for you, trying and trying... sometimes weeks after the order was placed. Cancelling your order is easy... Call your credit card company and report the card lost/stolen. It disables the credit card number and prevents further angst.
Save yourself the pain and agony... B & H Photo is the place to go. In the end its actually less expensive, you know the parts are what you ordered, no hidden charges, no BS, and the service is...
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Canon Camera
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
- Review rating
- 4 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Alright, I am a bright college graduate that got stuck in a small rural town taking care of my ill mother for the time being and "quick applied" on Career..."
- "Copy of E-mail I sent GE:I spent thousands of $$$ on putting all monogram appliances into my re-modeled home, purchased from Spencerâ€™s in Phoenix AZ.The Refrigerator (ZISS480DRISS) brokeâ€¦of course following..."
- "14 months after purchasing my PIC units, one of them came totally apart. Customer service tells me "sorry it only comes with a 12 month warranty. Offered me a discount..."
- "freightcenter.com is FRAUD. This company would blast your phone once you're interested in doing business with them. Once they get a hold of your credit card number, things will go..."
- "We are the homeowners of the DR Horton house that was built in 2007. Over the past year, we have been overwhelmed with the amount of dust particles inside..."
- "I ordered a pool online delivery date was on time HOWEVER it was delivered in the wrong position, the box was a complete mess! Wholes in the top bottom middle..."
- "had dinner yesterday(receipt attaced): waiting area receptionist tried to wave us away by telling us but u have a long *** ahead; do you till want to wait? I said..."
- "The generator fell off the RV. There are 4 carriage bolts holding the QD 3200 Generator in place. 3 snapped and dropped the generator on the ground. You..."
- "Wayfair is becoming well known for advertising items at the wrong price, taking the order, taking payment and giving a delivery date then saying oops made a mistake and reneging..."